FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Why should I choose Millcreek Paramedics?
- Do I need to purchase more than one membership?
- What are the benefits of an MPS membership?
- Who is included in a “family membership”?
- Is an MPS membership transferable, refundable or pro-rated?
- Is my MPS membership tax deductible as a charitable contribution?
- What is the cost of an MPS membership?
- When will my membership expire?
- Does everyone in my family need a membership card?
- Are there any discounts available for potential members?
Q: 1. Why should I choose Millcreek Paramedics?
A: Millcreek Paramedic Service is your 911 provider in Millcreek Township. Your membership helps us reinvest in our community to provide the most advanced pre-hospital medical care.
Q: 3. What are the benefits of an MPS membership?
A: All out- of-pocket expenses are paid.
If another ambulance service in Erie County transports a member of MPS for an emergency, MPS will pay the balance of your financial responsibility after insurance has been billed and collected.
Medically necessary, non-emergency transportation within a 150-mile radius of Millcreek Township.
You are covered anywhere in Erie County.
Q: 4. Who is included in a “family membership”?
A: 1. Anyone who is claimed on the family’s head of household tax return.
2. Children under the age of 25 who are still in school and living at home.
3. An elderly parent who lives in the family home and is being “cared for” by the family.
4. Couples who are “living together” as a family.
Q: 7. What is the cost of an MPS membership?
A: A Family Membership is $45.00 and an Individual Membership is $35.00 for one year. Family Senior Membership is $40.00 and an Individual Membership is $30.00 for one year.
Q: 9. Does everyone in my family need a membership card?
A: No. You really do not need a membership card for receiving service. They are only sent out for confirmation of membership and peace of mind for our members
Q: 10. Are there any discounts available for potential members?
A: 1. Millcreek firefighters and honorary firefighters receive a complementary membership. When they receive MPS service, they need to provide their insurance information. After insurance is billed and collected, the membership will take care of any remaining balance owed.
2. Auxiliary firefighters can purchase a membership for $25.00.