FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Why should I choose Millcreek Paramedics?
- Do I need to purchase more than one membership?
- What are the benefits of an MPS membership?
- Who is included in a “family membership”?
- Is an MPS membership transferable, refundable or pro-rated?
- Is my MPS membership tax deductible as a charitable contribution?
- What is the cost of an MPS membership?
- When will my membership expire?
- Does everyone in my family need a membership card?
- Are there any discounts available for potential members?
Q: 1. Why should I choose Millcreek Paramedics?
A: Millcreek Paramedic Service is your 911 provider in Millcreek Township. If you have an emergency, DIAL 911!
Q: 2. Do I need to purchase more than one membership?
A: No, your Millcreek Paramedic Service Membership covers you anywhere in Erie County.
Q: 3. What are the benefits of an MPS membership?
A: No additional out- of-pocket expenses when ambulance transportation is provided and deemed medically necessary by YOUR insurance company, medical necessity meeting CMS (Medicare/Medicaid) guidlines.
If another ambulance service in Erie County transports a member of MPS for an emergency, MPS will pay the balance of your financial responsibility after insurance has been billed and collected.
Medically necessary, non-emergency transportation within a 150-mile radius of Millcreek township, when non-emergent service is provided by MPS.
Q: 4. Who is included in a “family membership”?
A: 1. Anyone who is claimed on the family’s head of household tax return.
2. Children under the age of 25 who are still in school and living at home.
3. An elderly parent who lives in the family home and is being “cared for” by the family.
4. Couples who are “living together” as a family.
Q: 5. Is an MPS membership transferable, refundable or pro-rated?
A: No, the membership is non-transferable, non-refundable and can not be pro-rated.
Q: 6. Is my MPS membership tax deductible as a charitable contribution?
A: No, but it may be eligible as an itemized medical deduction.
Q: 7. What is the cost of an MPS membership?
$35 Annual Individual Members
$60 Two Year Individual Members
$30 Annual Single Membership
$55 Two Year Single Membership
$40 Annual Family Membership
$75 Two Year Family Membership
*Senior Membership rates apply to those 65 years and older
$45 Annual Family Membership
$80 Two Year Family Membership
*Family membership includes everyone who is claimed on the head of household income tax return.
Q: 8. When will my membership expire?
A: Our membership drive is from Sept. 1st – Nov. 30th. Each year. Memberships expire Nov. 30th.
Q: 9. Does everyone in my family need a membership card?
A: No. You really do not need a membership card for receiving service. They are only sent out for confirmation of membership and peace of mind for our members
Q: 10. Are there any discounts available for potential members?
A: 1. Millcreek firefighters and honorary firefighters receive a complementary membership. When they receive MPS service, they need to provide their insurance information. After insurance is billed and collected, the membership will take care of any remaining balance owed.